Super delicious and super simple & easy to make!
These energy bites are gluten, dairy and refined sugar free so are a pretty healthy treat. They last for up to a week in the fridge and you can make larger batches and freeze them for another time.
This recipe makes around 12 energy bites, so double up if you are making more.
- 1 cup of cashew nuts
- 1 cup of Medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
I bought really cool heart shaped cup measurements from Jeremy’s home stores that are useful when you want to bake quickly and easily without the faff of scales etc. You can also buy them on Amazon, click the image below.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until you have a sticky mixture
- Place the mixture in the fridge for 15-30 minutes to cool/set a little
- Roll the mixture into balls around the size of a ping pong ball and place on a tray
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week
- You could use some optional cacao powder to sprinkle on top or roll them in some more orange zest or desiccated coconut to add some variety and make them look pretty.